Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tropical Storm




The last two days a slow moving tropical storm has been hovering over the area dumping and blowing rain all over the palce. Yesterday was Veteran's Day so I had it off from school. The rain and the wind were cozy companions as I worked on grad school work for a good portion of the day. At 5:15 this morning I got a phone call telling me school was cancelled due to the storm. It means we have to make up a day later this year but it was glorious to linger in bed with Jon this morning and to have extra time to follow my nose a bit. I even made homemade applesauce before 9 a.m.! The storm has definitely picked up gusto as the day has gone on and there is flooding in the area but for now we are safe and hunkered down (except for Jon who had to go into work. Bogus!)

1 comment:

  1. Is that a baby Loch Ness Monster in the first shot? I think I see its head!

    ReplyDelete